Setek WiFi Range Extender Keeps Losing Connection [Fixed]
Everyone knows what a WiFi range extender is intended to do. Range extenders brought in by Setek are also fabricated for the same purpose. But, there’s no point in extending the internet range when the device keeps losing connection. But, losing connection with what? The main router or WiFi clients? Well, do not get confused! This blog will highlight all the major aspects of the connections related to a Se tek WiFi range extender no matter whether you are facing issues with WiFi clients or the main router.
Ensure Stable Power Supply to Extender First
The major reason behind connectivity issues with a Setek range extender or any other networking device in the digital world is the unavailability of adequate power. Be very sure that the same is not the case with your range extender. For this:
- Ensure that you have connected the extender to a perfectly working electric socket.
- There should be no power fluctuations from the backend. You can use a UPS if there are any.
If there are no power-related issues, you can head over to the respective section to learn what to do if your Se tek WiFi range extender keeps losing connection with the router or other devices.
Setek WiFi Range Extender Loses Connection with Router
If it is the main router that is not able to maintain a stable connection with the router, then you are supposed to have a nudge on the points given below:
- The Ethernet Cable: The Ethernet cable that connects your Setek range extender to the main router must be perfectly working. You can ensure this by checking its physical condition. No damages should be there on it. Apart from this, the connection ought to be finger-tight.
- The Extender’s Location (w.r.t. Router): The location of the extender with respect to the router matters a lot. Know that when the Setek extender is not placed in the WiFi range of the main router, it won’t be able to fetch internet signals. However, this point will only be applicable if you choose to connect the Setek extender and router via WPS.
We hope that after fixing the ETHERNET CABLE CONNECTION and REDUCING THE DISTANCE BETWEEN DEVICES, the extender will successfully be able to connect to the router. And of course, the connection will be stable. Just in case the extender is still losing connectivity with the router, you are suggested to eliminate WIFI INTERFERENCE-CREATING factors present near the Setek extender.
Setek WiFi Range Extender Loses Connection with Clients
If your Setek extender is losing connection with clients, you are suggested to read the points highlighted below. This is for your general information that devices face connectivity issues with a range extender if they are not present in its signal range. Thus, you are advised to PLACE YOUR WIFI CLIENTS CLOSE TO EXTENDER for fixing the issue. But, just in case, this doesn’t help you out, you might need to update the extender’s firmware through the Setek SE-01 Setup IP.
- Restart the Home Network: If your client devices are not able to maintain a stable connection with the Se tek WiFi range extender, then you need to RESTART YOUR HOME NETWORK. Start the process by switching off the router and then the extender. Thereafter, power up the devices in the same sequence you switched them off. But, you need to give them 10-15 minutes of rest.
- Upgrade Your WiFi Client’s OS: Is your Setek extender losing connectivity with one client or the case is with all devices present in your home? If you are facing internet-related problems with one or two devices, then you should UPDATE THE OS of those devices. This is because an outdated OS is the major reason why internet-connectivity issues arise.
Are the connectivity issues between your Se tek WiFi range extender and client devices fixed? If yes, then congratulations! If not, then there might be some problem with the configuration of your range extender. To address them at once, you should RESET THE EXTENDER.
Resetting the Setek WiFi Range Extender: Steps
This is for your general knowledge that you will be able to address connectivity issues with the main router too if you attempt to reset your Setek extender. The steps to go about the process have been mentioned ahead:
- Disconnect your devices from the network of your Setek extender.
- You also need to disconnect wired clients.
- Once done, check all sides of your Setek device to find the RESET button.
- Have you found the button? Great! Grab an oil pin now.
- Use the oil pin to push the Reset button.
- If you keep the button pressed for 20 seconds, the extender will start operating on the default network settings.
The Setek WiFi range extender keeps losing connection issue can arise with a WiFi router as well as wireless clients. Since we have highlighted troubleshooting techniques for both cases, we are hopeful that you will be able to fix all kinds of connectivity problems.