Is Your Setek WiFi Extender Blinking? Find Solution!
Have you noticed lights on your Setek WiFi range extender? They are there for a purpose. Most Setek extenders have three lights on them: Power light, WiFi light and the Ethernet light. All three lights tell you about the working status of the device. What does it mean to see Setek WiFi extender blinking light? Well, there can be several reasons for this. This guide will help you get a good insight into the light status of your Setek WiFi extender. We will help you fix the blinking light by providing you with some best possible solutions.
How to Fix Setek WiFi Extender Blinking Light?
We mentioned in the previous section that there are three lights on the extender. If you have done a Setek WiFi extender setup at your home then you must have seen these lights for sure. The power LED tells you about the power status i.e. it will help you know if there is an issue with the power supply.
The WiFi LED is meant to help you understand the internet status of the extender.
The third LED is the Ethernet light. This tells about the Ethernet connection to the extender.
If any of these Setek WiFi extender light is blinking then you need to apply the troubleshooting steps accordingly.
There is a common troubleshooting step that you should apply first:
Reboot the Extender
This should be applied as the very first step whenever your Setek extender or in fact any other gadget gives you trouble. This works wonders to eliminate issues from the device. Here are the steps:
- Toggle the Power button on the extender to the Off position.
- Unplug the Power cable from the wall outlet.
- Also, remove all other cables connected to the extender.
- Let the extender be in this condition for some time.
- Thereafter, connect the cables back.
- Plug the extender’s power cable.
- Turn on the extender.
See if the light on the extender still blinks.
Extender Light-Specific Solutions
1. Power LED Blinking
When there is an issue with the electricity supply to the Setek WiFi extender, this will be indicated by the blinking power light. The troubleshooting steps below can be used to fix the issue:
- Check the power supply to the extender.
- Examine the power socket used to plug the extender’s power cable. If it is damaged, then get it repaired or use an alternative wall outlet.
- Check the power cable. It shouldn’t be loose. Ensure plugging it properly in the well-working power outlet.
- You may use a UPS if the power supply is fluctuating.
2. Ethernet LED Blinking
An Ethernet light on the Setek WiFi extender light blinking means the Ethernet connection is not stable. Here’s what you are supposed to be doing:
- The Ethernet cable connected to the extender should not be loose.
- The right ports should be used to make the connection.
- The port in use should not be damaged.
- Try using alternative ports to connect the cable.
- Replace the ethernet cable if it is not in good condition.
3. Blinking WiFi Light
A WiFi light blinking on your Setek wireless range extender means the WiFi connection is not good. The troubleshooting tips that you should try are as follows:
- Check that the connection between the extender and the host router is secure.
- Remove the Ethernet cable and check the ports for it may be damaged.
- Clean the ports and again make the connection.
- If the router and Setek wireless range extender are connected wirelessly, then bring the devices closer to each other for smooth communication between them.
The Final Note
Setek WiFi extender blinking lights can be troublesome if not addressed properly. The troubleshooting hacks given in this blog can be helpful in turning the blinking light into a solid light. We hope the information provided here has proved to be useful to you. You should consider accessing the Setek WiFi extender login page and reach the admin portal of your extender.
Once done, you should update the firmware on your extender. Firmware updates not only add new features to the device but also resolve many issues with it. So, make it a point to have your extender running on the latest version to get better outcomes from it.