Why is Setek WiFi Extender Not Working? How to Fix the Issue?
The whole reason why people prefer opting for a Setek extender is so that they can say goodbye to their crappy internet days. But, after executing the Setek WiFi extender setup process, if the same is not happening, and instead the extender itself stops working, then nothing can be more gruesome than this. In case you can relate to the situation that we have just presented, then it can only mean one thing, i.e. you are facing the Setek WiFi extender not working issue. To fix it, you should make your way to the tips mentioned below. We are hoping that they will help you out.
But, before reading the solutions, you should know why your networking device is not working. We are suggesting you this so that troubleshooting the issue at hand becomes easier for you. With that said, continue reading.
Is Setek WiFi Extender Not Working? Why?
- Every networking device needs electricity in order to work. Your extender does too. However, it looks like your extender is not getting it. Otherwise, you would not be experiencing the Setek WiFi extender not working issue.
- Another reason why you are reading this blog is that even if your device is trying to work properly, its signals are getting interrupted because things similar to Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, and microwave ovens are kept near it.
- At last, your extender has not been set up by you properly. Either you followed the wrong instructions to execute the process or missed a step or two while executing it. Now, you may follow the tips mentioned below and learn how to fix the issue.
How to Fix Setek WiFi Extender Not Working Issue?
1. Inspect the Electrical Socket
Check the wall socket to which you have connected your networking device. In case it is damaged from any point, you need to call up an electrician right away. Although this will successfully help you to fix the issue at hand, by any chance, it does not; it is recommended that you plug your networking device into another wall socket.
Now, check if an adequate power supply was enough for you to get rid of the Setek WiFi extender not working issue or not. Is the answer no? Well then, following the next troubleshooting tip in line might bring you some luck.
2. Keep WiFi Blockage at Bay
Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, washing machines, treadmills, televisions, baby monitors, microwave ovens, refrigerators, and other similar examples emit electromagnetic waves that are harmful for the health of your networking device, i.e. Setek wireless range extender as they can create signal interference.
To get rid of this reason, it is suggested that you keep WiFi interference at bay by moving your extender from its existing location to one that is not surrounded by the examples given above. Also, it should not be kept near mirrors and fish tanks.
3. Reset the Setek Extender
In view of you reading this hack, we are assuming that you are still struggling to make amends with the Setek WiFi extender not working issue. To get rid of it, why don’t you consider resetting your networking device to its default factory mode? You can do so by pressing the reset button using an oil pin or a paper clip.
Done resetting your device? Good. Now, you may set it up using the manual method. Not sure about executing the process? Well then, refer to the instructions mentioned in the user manual of your Setek wireless range extender which you received while purchasing it.
With the hope of helping you out, we are concluding this guide. Expecting that you have gotten rid of the Setek WiFi extender not working issue, you should feel free to enjoy seamless internet on your client devices. Also, if you want, you can change the settings of the extender. Wondering which all can be changed? You already know where to look.